Native Forward Scholars Fund recognizes the limited access American Indian and Alaska Native students have when pursuing higher education. Native Forward offers the Direct Scholarship to allow students an opportunity to apply for mid-year funding to help alleviate educational costs to continue with their pursuit of higher education.
To be considered for Native Forward Direct Scholarship the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled full or part-time in a U.S. accredited nonprofit institution.
- Be pursuing an undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree in any field of study.
- Demonstrate an unmet need through the completion of a financial needs form.
- Applicants must not have been previously awarded a Native Forward scholarship for 2022-2023.
- Be an enrolled member or descendant of a federally or state-recognized Tribe.
- Provide proof of Tribal enrollment via a copy of their Certificate Degree of Indian Blood, Tribal membership card, or a letter of enrollment/descendency from your Tribal enrollment office.
Contact our Scholarship Operations team at Scholarships@NativeForward.org.