POSITION TITLE: Administrative Services Assistant
SUPERVISOR: Administrative Services Manager
SALARY RANGE: $17.50 – $20/hour
LOCATION: In office; Albuquerque, NM
Under direct supervision of the Administrative Services Manager, provides all departments with administrative services to support the day-to-day operations of the organization.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with special projects and daily tasks of all departments to enable successful task performance.
- Arranges travel, prepare and submit travel-related documents and maintain travel information, as necessary.
- Assist the COO in securing necessary building-related services and vendor management.
- Performs intermediate data entry and word-processing activities, including merging of letters and labels and data retrieval.
- Prepares internal and external, written communications, as assigned, and distributes organizational publications.
- Assists the Human Resources team with placing ads and scheduling interviews.
- Represents Native Forward Scholars Fund, with respect to program activities. Attends Native Forward Scholars Fund events and conferences to provide administrative and logistical support.
- Maintains the organization of maintenance of storage areas.
- Types correspondence, and takes minutes as requested.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines the purpose of calls, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department, ensuring professional telephone etiquette. Records and delivers messages or transfers calls to voicemail, when appropriate. Retrieves messages from voicemail and forwards them to appropriate personnel.
- Welcomes visitors, determines the nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel while maintaining a professional and courteous demeanor; answers questions related to program services and provides general information.
- Photocopies, collates, distributes, and files documents, as requested.
- Assists with the replacement and disposal of office equipment, consumable supplies, and furniture.
- Performs basic bookkeeping functions, including simple billing and cash receipt activities.
- Prepares and sends materials needed for staff use at conferences.
- Performs other receptionist duties as needed.
- Maintains strict student confidentiality and compliance with the Family Education Right to Privacy Act.
- Embodies Native Forward Scholars Fund Core Values and promotes the Native Forward Scholars Fund organization, staff, and programs, in a positive and professional manner.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishing related results.
- Perform other duties as required.
High school diploma or GED, plus two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to type at least 45 wpm and demonstrate proficiency in interpersonal communications.
A valid driver’s license is required. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of American Indian History, culture, and tribes.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Knowledge of records management and basic accounting procedures.
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaborative working skills.
- Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to greet the public, in a courteous manner, and obtain and provide appropriate information.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with coworkers at all levels.
- Ability to make solid decisions and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything and continually seek improvement in results.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Skills in operating business computers and office machines, multi-line telephone.
- Skilled in customer service.
- Skills in operating business computers and office machines, including various software applications, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee, occasionally, is required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must, occasionally, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office setting, with a moderate noise level.
Please submit your letter of interest and resume to Careers@NativeForward.org