Deadline: March 1, 2024
Native Forward Scholars Fund established the Community Impact Research Funding Program to assist doctoral students pursuing research which focuses on issues impacting Indian Country. This one-time award provides financial assistance to offset costs directly associated with data collection and data analysis.
Native Forward will provide assistance for research travel, research supplies, data analysis tools or subscriptions. This award will also cover fees incurred for transcription services, analysis services, analysis review and editing fees (documentation for itemized costs must be submitted).
To be considered for Community Impact Research Funding doctoral candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Be an enrolled member or a descendant of a federally or state-recognized Tribe.
- Provide proof of Tribal enrollment via a copy of their Certificate Degree of Indian Blood, Tribal membership card, OR a letter of enrollment/descendancy from their Tribal enrollment office.
- Be enrolled in a U.S. accredited non-profit institution.
- Applicants must be a current doctoral candidate.
- Submit proof of candidacy from Dissertation Committee Chair, or from Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Provide a budget detailing the proposed use of the funds.
- Submit receipts for expenses incurred.
For any further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.